Catch & Give Back Rules and Agreement
2018 Crossroads Catch and Give Back (CCGB) Rules
- Big Fish determined by length (check the leader board before you begin your trip, at Crossroadsbaitandtackle.com to avoid killing a noncompetitive fish)
- Official measurement performed at Crossroads Bait and tackle only during open hours.
- All fish must adhere to state and federal regulations to qualify for this tournament. Fish must be legal fish over 28 inches to keep. If a fish size looks questionable, please release it, you’ll catch a bigger one once the fish god smile upon you!
- Boat Registration is for the Captain/Skipper of the boat and Fish caught on the boat by others are eligible for prizes.
- Captain/Skipper/Angler will be allowed to count one weighed fish per day.
- Registered Boat captains/skippers must be on the boat during the catch and register the fish at Crossroads
- For boat entry’s, the person catching the fish will be the person registering the fish and eligible for the prize with honorable mention to the captain.
- We suggest measuring ALL fish appearing to be under 32 inches.
- All boats can leave from any port.
- There is no separate shore division (big fish are caught from shore!)
- Fish intended for the month prizes must be measured at crossroads in that month (not the morning on the 1st of the next month).
- All fish must be measured at Crossroads prior to September 1st.
- Anglers will be allowed to fight fish from the rod holder.
- J hooks are allowed but not recommended.
- This is a rod and reel, hook and line tournament. The use of hand lines, rope, nets, and any other means of fish capture other than rod and reel are strictly prohibited.
- There will be no weather committee. Boats will fish at their own risk.
- Fish must be hooked, fought and landed from the same boat or shore angler.
- Boats are to respect fellow competitors, at all times. Reasonable distance should be kept from all boats fighting fish. If requested by a boat fighting a fish, other boats shall keep clear until the fight has concluded.
- All participants and their crews, friends, and family shall be respectful of the tournament hosts, i.e. Crossroads Bait and Tackle, as well as their staff and residents.
- CCGB assumes no responsibility for the conduct or safety of any boats or entrants. All participants enter the tournament at their own risk. All participants must sign Indemnification Agreement upon registering.
- All weighed fish must be whole and in the round. Gutted fish WILL be accepted.
- Anglers, Captains/Skippers, and crew aboard winning boats may be subjected to a lie detector test.
- Fish registered in this tournament can not be registered in other tournaments.
All entrants must check the respective “I agree” boxes on this online tournament REGISTRATION form in regard to the POLYGRAPH and INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT before being eligible to register for the event. Any breach of any of the above Tournament Rules will result in Disqualification. Decisions of the Tournament Committee are final.
2018 Crossroads Catch and Give Back INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT
I and my crew agree and understand that Crossroads Bait and Tackle is a Massachusetts Business. I, my team and crew agree and understand that the Business, its owner, employees and agents shall not be liable under any circumstances for any injuries or damages to person or property, arising out of, resulting from or in any way connected with my, or my crews participation in any tournament whether caused by negligent act or negligent omission of the Business, or by any other reason or cause whatsoever. In consideration of the acceptance of me and my team and crew entry and for other good and valuable consideration received, we hereby remise, release and forever discharge the Business and its respective heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, successors and assigns of and from all claims, suits, obligations, liabilities, losses, damages, costs or expenses which our team or our heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, successors and assigns may have against the Business , arising out of, resulting from, or in any way connected with my participation in the above described Tournament. We understand that this release includes any claims based on any negligent act or negligent omission of the Business.
To the fullest extent permitted by the law, I and my team and crew hereby agree to indemnify, to defend with counsel acceptable to the Business and to hold harmless the Business , from and against any and all claims, suits, obligations, liabilities, losses, damages, costs or expenses including but not limited to reasonable attorney fees, suffered by the Business or by any other person or persons, whatsoever, arising out of, resulting from or in any way connected with my participation in any Tournament including any and all claims, suits, obligations, liabilities, losses damages, costs or expenses caused in whole or in part by any negligent act or negligent omission of the Business , or anyone for whose acts the Business may be liable regardless of whether it is caused in part by a party indemnified hereunder. This agreement shall take effect as an instrument under seal and be binding upon insure to the benefit of my, and my team’s and crew’s, heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns.
I also agree and understand that I, and all of my active tournament crew members, may be subject to a polygraph test administered by a Tuna Fest Tournament person(s). I also understand and accept that if I, or any of my crew members, fail to be present for the polygraph test that is assigned to my crew, my vessel and entire crew will be disqualified from the event. By signing this form and paying the entry fee, my crew and I acknowledge that we have read and understand the tournament rules and are bound by the same. Any breach of any of the listed Tournament Rules will result in disqualification.